Quick Links Menu
Following is a list of our services and links to each page. For more information on any of our services or assistance in planning your next project, contact us.
Visit our References page for a brief list of our satisfied clients.
- A transmission network is the result of interconnected electric lines that carry electric energy from a generating site, such as a power plant, to an electrical substation. It is the bulk movement, or transfer, of electric power. Critical elements therein, are the effectiveness of the material conducting the electricity and the methodology employed.
- Overhead transmission lines are typically three-phase high-voltage alternating current (HVAC) transmission. High-voltage direct-current (HVDC) technology is used for greater efficiency over very long distances, typically hundreds of miles.
- Underground transmission lines are less affected by weather and safety clearances are less of a factor than in overhead distribution systems. Long underground cables have significantly higher capacitance, which is the ability of a cable to store an electric charge.
- Substations and inherent sophisticated control systems balance the energy generation with the rate of consumption. In centralized power generation, local control of generation is necessary, and it involves synchronization of the generation units, to prevent large transients and overload conditions.
- Directional Drilling
- Directional drilling is any drilling that is non-vertical. Horizontal directional drilling allows access into the reservoir where vertical access is difficult or not possible. This would include gaining access to the reservoir under a town, under a lake, or underneath a difficult-to-drill formation.
- Storm Repair
- Storm repair demands agility, immediate response, and professional service to assist in sometimes volatile conditions. A pre-planned strategy is critical for success. Methodologies are practiced regularly with standard safety procedures. Preparation and experience makes the difference.
- Fiber Optic
- Fiber-optic transmission is preferred over electrical cabling when there is a specific need for immunity to electromagnetic interference or when long distances must be traversed and most often when high internet bandwidth is required.
- The Ward Engineering Team has capabilities of engineering, design, surveying and staking, along with project management, inspection and additional criteria to meet the customer’s needs. We are licensed in the states of Colorado, Nebraska, Wyoming, Kansas, Texas, New Mexico, and South Dakota.
- Commercial | Industrial
- From a new outlet to LED lighting needs, our team of wiremen can handle any apparatus thrown at them. We have the experience in powering your warehouse or your house to make sure when you flip the switch, your power comes on. We are licensed and insured with commendable safety credentials.